(level 1 to 3)
(number of persons)
Preparation time: 25 min.
Wait time: 2.5 hours.
For the mascarpone cream:
- 4 tbsp cream of Limoncello
- 250g mascarpone
- 3 fresh egg yolks (only the yolk!)
- 100g powdered sugar
To moisten the biscuits:
- 100ml water
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 6 tbsp Santocci
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 400g strawberries
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar
- 1 pack sponge fingers
- Separate the yolks from the whites, place the yolks in a bowl. Wash the strawberries, put about 13 to one side for decoration, and cut the rest into small pieces.
- Dissolve the sugar and the lemon juice (the ingredients for moistening) in a small pan of water. Continue to stir over a low heat.
- Take off the heat and add the Santocci.
- Put to one side and leave to cool.
- Add the sugar to the egg yolks in the bowl and mix well until white and creamy. Now add the cream of Limoncello, and mix through well. Also add the mascarpone and stir until it resembles a homogeneous mixture.
- Spoon 1 or 2 tablespoons of the mixture into the bottom of the chosen bowl/dish.
- Briefly dip the biscuits one at a time into the previously prepared liquid, and place them side by side in the dish. Cover with a layer of mascarpone cream. Place the sliced strawberries on top and sprinkle with a tablespoon of powdered sugar. Cover with another layer of mascarpone cream. Now dip the cookies into the liquid in the bowl again one at a time.
- Cover with a final layer of mascarpone cream. Decorate with the leftover strawberries and leave the tiramisu to set for 2 or 3 hours in the fridge.