(level 1 to 3)
(number of persons)
Preparation time: 15 min.
Cooking time: 30 min.
Wait time: 0 min.
Oven temperature: 240°C
- 1 kg floury potatoes
- 200g asparagus tips (tinned or fresh)
- 5 tbsp Olio Gloria olive oil with truffle
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 12 fresh St. Jacques scallops
- 1 bag of rucola
- 2 tbsp Olio Gloria Extra virgin olive oil
- 30 cl Santocci Limoncello
- Peel the potatoes, wash and cut into equal pieces. Boil in some salted water for around 15 minutes. Drain the potatoes and collect the cooking juices. Mash the potato and stir the oil through. Add cooking juices and stir into a smooth mash. Season the mash to taste with salt and pepper.
- Cut off the ends of the asparagus tips. Boil the asparagus tips in salted water for around 3 minutes until al dente. Transfer to a colander, rinse well with cold water and drain.
- Divide the asparagus tips among four plates. Spoon three scoops of truffle puree onto each plate with a tablespoon.
- Pat the scallops dry and drizzle lightly with oil. Heat the grill pan or frying pan until piping hot. Grill the scallops on each side for about 1 minute and season with (freshly ground) salt and pepper.
- Turn off the extractor and glaze the cooking juices from the scallops with Santocci. Beware of a possible flambé! Allow to cook for around 30 seconds.
- Place the scallops on top of the asparagus and spoon a tablespoon of the Santocci sauce onto each scallop.